Minty and refreshing Shamrock Shakes are so easy to make right at home in just 5 minutes. They’re a delicious St. Patrick’s Day (or ANY day) treat!
These are always a hit at any St. Patrick’s gathering that anyone can enjoy. The holiday isn’t complete without one!
Don’t skip on the whipped topping, green decorator sprinkles and maraschino cherries… they make for such a beautiful presentation (and taste awesome, too!).
Your Simple Ingredients
- Vanilla ice cream
- Milk (can be whole, reduced fat or skim milk)
- Peppermint extract
- Green food coloring
- Whipped topping
- Edible sprinkles or confetti (I used these cute shamrocks)
- Maraschino cherries
How to Make a Shamrock Shake
In a blender, blend ice cream, milk, peppermint extract and food coloring until smooth. Pour into a glass and top with whipped topping, edible green sprinkles and a maraschino cherry.
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 ¼ cups milk*
- ¾ teaspoon peppermint extract or more, to taste
- 8 drops green food coloring
- whipped topping
- edible green decorator sugar, sprinkles or confetti
- 2 maraschino cherries
- Blend ice cream, milk, peppermint extract and food coloring in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream, sprinkles and a maraschino cherry.
- *Add more milk for a thinner consistency, if desired.
- Nutrition info does not include whipped topping and green decorator sprinkles.
Nutritional info is provided as a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline. Please read my Nutritional Disclaimer for more info.